Chia drink + herbal tea Remedium n.8 – Reborn
When a superfood meets an herbal tea: the easy, quick and healthy recipe that awakens a good mood in springtime
At the end of winter, it is only natural to feel tired, the body is slowly becoming energized to welcome spring, leaving behind the darkest and coldest season. That’s why we have come up with a recipe that is literally an awakening. It’s ideal for all those times when you need a pick-me-up tonic that is 100% non-alcoholic, and of course, we could only start with our Reborn herbal tea.
This is one of our zero-waste recipes that make the most of the full potential of our medicinal herbs in herbal tea cuts. After using them for a cup of infusion, the aroma and benefits of plants and spices are still in full force and can still be used for other preparations. In this case, we combine them with chia seeds and fresh fruit for a super fresh and healthy drink.
In this recipe, the benefits of our Reborn herbal tea, which you can learn all about in our dedicated article, are combined with the vitamins of fresh fruit plus all the beneficial properties of a superfood like chia seeds. Did you know that although so small, these black seeds are invaluable allies of the whole body? Chia seeds are a powerhouse of valuable nutrients, and to make a long story short, let us just tell you that they help keep the gut, the nervous, and the cardiovascular systems healthy. With their distinctive texture, they are the ideal ingredient to jazz up a recipe and add an extra touch of wellness. And who would have thought they pair so well with fruit and our Reborn herbal tea?
- 2 g used loose leaf Remedium n.8 – Reborn
- 500 ml filtered water
- 15 g chia seeds
- 2-3 strawberries
- Mix chia seeds and water in a glass jar.
- Stir vigorously. Keep stirring every couple of minutes, to prevent the chia seeds from clumping. Repeat for around 10 minutes, or until the chia seeds start to bloom and a gelatinous texture forms.
- Slice the strawberries into quarters and add to the jar.
- Infuse your 2g of used Reborn directly into the jar using a fine mesh strainer, tea ball, glass infuser, or sachet.
- Refrigerate (with infuser inside) overnight, or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- The following day, take your jar and remove the infuser. Make sure to squeeze out all the remaining liquid from the herbs into the drink. Now you have a cold infusion!
- Pour into a glass and stir. It’s natural for the chia seeds to settle, so some occasional stirring may be needed as you sip and enjoy.