Overnight oats + herbal tea Remedium n.0 – Morning
Looking for an alternative to the classic cappuccino plus croissant combo? We have a recipe for a breakfast you'll never get tired of
How many times as a child have you heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that you should never skip it? This recipe is perfect for those who don’t have time to prepare it, you just need to remember to put it in the fridge the night before! Isn’t it amazing to wake up in the morning and find something healthy waiting for you already?
But there are so many other reasons why this recipe has become one of our recent favorites. First of all, it’s a zero-waste recipe, because it all starts with an already used teabag of Remedium n.0 – Morning. That’s right: when you’ve had a cup of our Morning brew, the bag is still so rich that you can reuse it to create something super tasty.
Then there is seasonality; having the same breakfast every day can get a bit boring. Instead, our recipe is just a base you can customize as you like: choose which fresh fruit to use as a topping and add seeds or nuts. Whatever your heart desire, you’ll never need to add sugar; we recommend just using honey to blend or sweeten a little.
Ingredients for 1 or 2
- 1 teabag of Remedium n.0 – Morning
- 400 ml oat milk, unsweetened
- 150 g whole rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- Toppings of your choice (fresh or dried fruits, nuts, seeds, honey, etc)
- Gently warm the oat milk in a saucepan on low heat.
- When it is warm to the touch, remove from heat and pour into a glass jar. Make sure to not boil or burn the milk.
- Add your used Morning tea bag to the warm oat milk in the jar and infuse, covered, for around 20 minutes. This is your warm infusion, the first of two infusion types for this recipe.
- After around 20 minutes, squeeze the tea bag into the oat milk and stir. Do not dispose of the tea bag yet! At this point, your infusion should be only slightly warm. If still hot, wait until it cools to slightly warmer than room temperature.
- Add the oats to the jar, and mix in along with a small pinch of salt.
- Put your Morning tea bag back into the jar, and refrigerate overnight. Your cold infusion and oat soaking process will be in the works while you sleep.
- The next morning, take your jar and remove the teabag, making sure to squeeze all the liquid from the tea bag into the jar.
- That’s it! Enjoy your overnight oats with your favorite toppings (we love seasonal fruit, nuts and seeds).