Olive oil mug cake + herbal tea Remedium n.1 – Night
Discover how to prepare a cake directly in your mug. A tasty and quick option to satisfy your sweet cravings in the blink of an eye and with just a few ingredients
How great is it to be able to bake a single-portion cake in a mug? It is a small daily pleasure that you can indulge in whenever you feel like it: without a lot of long complicated steps, doing everything by hand, but above all with just a few healthy ingredients that mixed together become delicious.
Ingredients for two mugs
- 1 teabag of Remedium n.1 – Night
- 80 ml olive oil
- 60 ml unsweetened natural whole yogurt
- 1 egg
- zest of half a lemon
- 85 g flour
- 50 g sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- To prepare in advance: make a cold brew by combining all the wet ingredients (olive oil, yogurt and egg) and refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of 6 hours, with 1 teabag of Night.
- After the infusion time has elapsed, remove the herbal tea bag, making sure that all the liquid has been squeezed out in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Take a large mug and grease it with olive oil.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, including the zest, and mix with the wet ingredients until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the oiled cup.
- Put the mug in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, checking the baking from time to time with a toothpick. The baking time may vary depending on the size and shape of your mug.
- The cake is ready to be enjoyed warm, but we suggest letting it cool for at least a few minutes. The texture will also be firmer: crispy on the surface, soft inside. It will taste even better paired with a cup of your favorite herbal tea.