Mojito + herbal tea Remedium n.5 – Focus
A unique and surprising recipe that will become an outstanding addition to your cocktail menu for your wildest evenings.
The mojito is a cocktail that evokes summer, freshness and energy. The combination of rum, mint and lime creates a surprising and delicious flavour combination.
However, if you are looking for a variation adding a unique twist to your mojito, we recommend you try the version that our contributor Julia created by enriching this classic drink with the special ingredients of our Focus herbal tea. The result is a mojito that goes beyond expectations and offers a new experience of taste.
- 1 teabag of Remedium No. 5 – Focus
- 250 ml filtered water
- 50 ml white rum
- seltzer water
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into quarters
- 1 sprig of fresh mint (approx. 5 leaves)
- 1.5 tablespoon raw cane sugar
Preparation to be done in advance
- Prepare a hot concentrated infusion with 1 teabag of Focus in 250 ml filtered water. Steep for 10 minutes, then let it cool and pour it into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours. Then crush the ice cubes by placing them in a plastic bag and mashing them with a pestle or rolling pin, or using a blender.
Procedure for the mojito
- In a thick-bottomed glass, mix the lime and sugar.
- Rub the mint leaves in your hand to release the aromas, then add them to the glass.
- Fill the glass with Focus-infused crushed ice, pour in the rum and top with seltzer.
- Stir, sip and we hope you’re having a great night! This recipe is for 1 glass of mojito, but the Focus-crushed ice will be enough for at least 2.